Thanks for your interest in the Lancashire Newborn Baby Workshop! A one day Newborn Photography Workshop at my home studio in Accrington.
This workshop is aimed at beginners. It may be that you have never photographed a Newborn Baby, or perhaps you have done a few sessions but you feel a little out of your depth? Perhaps you’ve done quite a few but you’d love to improve your posing?
I’ve been there, when i started photographing Newborns 5 years ago my photos resembled those joke photos you see on Facebook where the baby is face planting the blanket! I remember my first few babies and thinking, “wow these babies are hard work” I didn’t have a clue what i was doing and felt frustrated with my work.
Since then I’ve photographed well over 100 Newborn Babies, at first offering home sessions until we finished renovating our house and i had my own purpose made studio room! I have studied hours and hours of training videos, workshops and invested a lot of money into learning the art of Newborn Photography. As you’ll know, we’re always learning and i don’t consider myself an expert but i’d love to help you avoid all the mistakes i made along the way and get cracking producing gorgeous newborn photos!
There’s several things i’ve learned over the years which i think make a huge difference to the success of a session; preparation, posing and props & lighting. Once I got my head around fully using these to my advantage I nailed 95% of my sessions. I can show you how to do the same.
The studio is well equipped with professional wall mounted backdrops for parent shots, a posing bean bag and frame, professional studio lighting and all the blankets, wraps and posing aids we’ll need to get some gorgeous images for your portfolio. I like simple, comfortable poses for my newborn sessions, and i use flash lighting. You can see more of my work here in the Gallery.
What will it cover?
This is a full day workshop from 9 to 5pm.
The morning will be the main workshop followed by the live shoot in the afternoon and then a Q&A session. We will cover the following:
- Half day live shoot with a real baby giving you chance to photograph each setup and take home stunning portfolio images
- Simple poses – how to pose baby easily- even the ones that are very restless
- Flow posing- showing you how to move from one pose to another to maximise the different images you can create without moving baby too much
- Bean bag posing – i’ll show you how to set up the bean bag to support baby and get the professional look for your images
- Parent posing- how to get those gorgeous parent shots
- Flash lighting- how to position baby and set up the lighting to get consistent lighting every time
- Session preparation- i’ll share with you what i send to parents before the session and how i approach every session to get the very best results
- Equipment list and suppliers i use- I wont be hiding any ‘secret’ methods, you’ll get a list of all the equipment i use and best suppliers so you can re-create my setup- if you want to
- Q & A – this will happen at the end of the day after the live shoot so you can ask me anything that comes up during the session
- Discounted prices from my suppliers
There are several dates available for the Newborn Workshop:
Saturday 27th October – 2 spaces left
From 9am to 5pm with the main workshop in the morning and live shoot in the afternoon. There will be plenty of time to break for lunch in the middle.
The workshop is £250 for the full day including lunch.
What you will need:
A digital SLR camera and the ability to shoot in Manual- you’ll need to know how to change aperture/shutter speed etc but I will be telling you what settings to use so don’t worry if you’re not an expert! You don’t need to know anything about flash lighting, we’ll cover this in the mornings workshop.
How to book:
To book the Lancashire Newborn Baby Workshop, simply email me on firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form at the bottom of this page and i’ll pop over the booking information. £250 is payable to secure your space. Places cannot be refunded but can be transferred to another person as long as you let me know before the session.
How many places:
There are just 4 spaces per workshop so you’ll all get plenty of chance to photograph the model
Get in Touch
To secure your space on the workshop get in touch by emailing me on email@example.com
Have a look at what we got up to on the last workshop in the video below: